Saturday, December 19, 2015

True Friendship

True friendship is a rare jewel these days. I'm not talking about the people you hang out with at the bar or talk to everyday on Facebook. I'm talking the ones that are the first ones to show up when the chips are down or celebrate your successes like they were their own. Loyalty is almost extinct these days. It seems as if most people just want what they can get from you and then they keep it pushing. And my favorite is when they get butt hurt when you get hip to their plan and you cut it off at the pass.

So when you find that one truly loyal friend, or if you're lucky - that group of friends, hold on to that. For whatever reason, people make mistakes in judgment, and Keep the wrong ones in and the right ones out.

I am guilty of that. I listened to the wrong people, even though internally I knew better. And I walked away from someone who had my back for the better part of 20 years, thinking that I didn't know her after all. It took a random run in with one of her friends to tell me what I already knew.

I missed almost a year with one of the most loyal, ride or die best friends I have because of foolish pride. I will never get that time back, but because of the bond we have she forgave me and we're moving forward. Because that's what happens with a true friendship. You may have your ups and downs but you work through it because you love each other like sisters. There's no time for pettiness, cat fights and Mel Rose Place drama because life is too short and we have too many dreams and aspirations to help each other hit to worry about the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment