Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Writers Block

Writing is my passion. The best thing in the world is opening a blank document and watching the word count grow by the tens of thousands. I am in my element when my fingers are racing across the keyboard, trying to keep up with the scene that is playing in my head or the character that wont shut up. I enjoy every aspect of writing, from fleshing out characters and finding plot holes to writing and even editing and rewriting.

My arch nemesis, which I'm sure is the same for all writers, is the dreaded writer's block. It can be brought on by numerous things. I'm not going to go into what it is or how we get it, because we know all of that already. Lol.

What I want from my readers is to start a dialogue about how you get over or push through yours? I'm not one for starting another project and leaving what I'm currently working on alone. I would have like a million unfinished books. If you walk away from writing all together for a while, how long of a break do you take? I'm currently trying to just put words on the screen. Even if they suck, I put the idea down and I will to back on the second run through and spruce things up. So that's what I'm trying this time around. What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment